About Me

My photo
Texas, United States

Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Devil Spoke and God Winked

This morning, as my alarm was going off at 5:15 so that I may get up and go to the gym, the devil himself was already talking to me!! I kept thinking, as I hit the snooze, "why couldn't have I been born into a "skinny" family". Not nearly seriously, 'cause I truly love my family! (Except for the fact that we have chunky genes!!) But that thought just kept nagging at me!! I begrudgingly crawled out of bed w/ that thought just rotating around in my head. On the drive to the gym, a song came on the radio that I never heard before and was going to change it. But I kept it on trying to listen to it as the thought kept crossing my mind: "Why wasn't I born into a skinny family". As I pulled up to the gym and parked. Rubbed the sleep out of my eyes, a verse of the song struck me - loud and clear. "'Cause what I have is not that bad"!! WOW!! Here I am - struggling w/ the weight I've gained and that's basically all that is troubling me!! How the devil works!! I have my health, a loving, caring, thoughtful husband. A healthy, bright, and sweet, sweet son!!! Great step-children. A roof over my head and a nice vehicle to drive. 3 healthy, thriving companies!! "There You Go" - What I have is not that bad!!" (Caedmon's Call) As I climbed on the treadmill, I turn on Clean Sweep and was inspired as usual and as a commercial came on, I change the channel to GAC and God winked for the second time in less than 20 minutes! Darius Rucker was singing "Alright" "I got all I need and it's alright by me!!"" Okay God, I get it!! I have everything I need - and more!! Thank you, Jesus that my biggest thing I'm troubled about today is my weight!! Glory Hallelujah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfmNlgNHGaA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfmNlgNHGaA

1 comment:

  1. im not fat i'm fluffy! :) that's how you gotta think about it.

    ReplyDelete