About Me

My photo
Texas, United States

Monday, November 30, 2009

Dear Santa - Part 3

I'm thinking the Santa Present fiasco is behind us - so far!! The day after the mishap Nolan brought up the Batcave in conversation. We were straightening up his room. Going thru toys and he said "now I have room for my Batcave". I just sat back and thought "you have GOT to be kidding me!?!?" But I actually just said "WHAT batcave??" To which he replied "the one Santa is going to bring me!!" Boy what a relief! I was expecting "the one that was in your trunk". Not a thing was said about it until Wednesday evening when we were at my parents' house. I completely forgot that I had sent my mother an email w/ a link attached letting her know that that would be a great gift from them for Nolan. They were out of town when I sent it and then sent her another one saying that she'd better not get it because that was what he was going to ask Santa for and I linked another idea for her. Wednesday evening she proudly announced that she had "the gift" and was wondering how we were going to get it back to Tyler seeing that we won't be seeing them at Christmas. I'm like "The gift?!?!". She says "the Batman cave". It's like a bad penny - resurfacing again and again!! At first I told her that we'd figure it out! I didn't want to have to tell her that Santa (not to mention that he has already purchased it!!) was bringing him one because she actually had a friend of hers pick it up for her and I felt like it would put too many people out to return it!! But what was I going to do - how was I going to get around it!?!? Suggest something else for Nolan to ask Santa for!?!? Naw, that wasn't going to work. So a little while later I explained to my mother what was going on and she said that the friend did mention to her that she thought that her son might would like it. Thankfully, mom was right and when she called the friend she said she would give it to her son for Christmas!! Who would've thought one little Batcave could cause so much confusion and stress!! Tis the Season - I guess!!

The little trouble maker:



Sure hope he enjoys it!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment