About Me

My photo
Texas, United States

Monday, June 28, 2010

Terrible, terrible

..is the way I feel about my blogging (or lack thereof) lately! I apologize! This one will be a quick synopsis of what has been going on in the "life and times of the Eckebergers"! I was too lazy to check to see where I left off so this will probably be a hit and miss blog! Sadly, I haven't even taken time to "follow" the blogs that I usually do!! I hope I haven't missed anything!?!?!

I'll start w/ Memorial weekend. The boys headed off to the deer lease as Tina and I headed off to Hot Springs, Arkansas! It was a great "girls" weekend. We ate, we toured, we shopped and we even went to a bath house!! It was a neat experience! As we were waiting for our turn - all I could do was sit there and imagine all of the gangstas that came thru those doors and took baths in the bathtubs (yeah, prob not the EXACT same ones) that I was going to!!
The Buckstaff Bath House we enjoyed:


Other bath houses on Bath House row:

The Ozark:

The Quapaw Baths (which is known for weddings and special events. There was a woman there taking bridal pictures while we were walking by!)

And then the Fordyce Bathhouse which now serves as the Visitors Center:

Last but not least the Superior Bath House:

A picture of the Arlington Hotel a "favored retreat for Al Capone":

Another really impressive building: Arkansas Career Training Institute (ACTI). I would really love to know the original purpose of this building~must do some research!!

Sorry about the strange angle (or the shot) but I always see such neat angled pictures posted~especially in Kathryn's blog~a true blogger's inspiration!! When I try a different shot, pose or angle - it just doesn't seem that cool!?!
We had a good time while the guys worked, ate and slept at the deer lease!!

TOMORROW'S blog (hopefully) will be about Tball, a visit to La Grange and our Galveston trip! Stay Tuned!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment