About Me

My photo
Texas, United States

Monday, February 2, 2009

Jefferson Ride and Chicken Wings

Thanks for all of your prayers for a safe ride on Saturday!! We had a great time!! It was almost perfect riding weather!! Just a tad chilly, but nothing that a leather jacket couldn't handle!! We headed out of Chandler and made 3 stops along the way, picking up a few other riders along the way. As we were riding thru Longview and were coming to a red light, there was a Jeep Cherokee w/ 2 ladies in it riding along us admiring the bikes and (apparently) the bikers. They kept slowing down and speeding up. Commenting (w/ their window down) how they liked the bikes and asking us to "show us what they can do". The lady on the passenger side kept making eye contact w/ me and smiling and at one time gave me the "peace" sign. Finally, after a while we took a different path and made it to our destination - Jefferson. Seemed like a good place to ride to - many, many more bikes were there! As we were getting off our bikes we were all chatting about various things we saw on the way and eventually the Jeep ladies came up in conversation. I jokingly said "if I didn't know any better - I think the passenger liked me!!" And shared the above story and Robert then asked about the "peace" sign. He was laughing SO HARD and then said it was more like a "piece" sign. I thought to myself that I was glad I didn't return the peace sign!!! Or at least the peace sign as I know it! We hung out and ate at a fabulous hamburger joint and saddled back up for the ride home. As I was well into my hour of my "Lord Jesus, please give us a safe trip home" mantra we passed a sign that read "Fresh Oil". And a sign just like that every 1/2 mile. So, needless to say I settled back in and started my hour long prayer again!! God is Good - we made it home safe and sound!!!

Sunday we went to a Super Bowl party. I made Cocktail Smokies, Mini Hot Dogs and the following:
Heroin Chicken Wings:

4lbs chicken wings
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 T dried parsley
1 T dried oregano
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 cup butter
(I added 2 tsp cayenne)

Preheat oven to 350F. Cut the wings into drumsticks. (I bought drumets). Combine the next 6 ingredients in a bowl (cheese thru pepper) in a bowl. Line a shallow baking pan w/ foil. (DO NOT OMIT THIS STEP, OR YOU WILL STILL BE SCRUBBING THE PAN A WEEK LATER!!) Melt the butter in a shallow bowl or pan. Dip each drumstick in butter, roll in the seasoning mixture, and arrange in the foil-lined pan. Bake for 1 hour - an then kick yourself for not having made a double recipe!!

From: 500 Low-Carb Recipes by Dana Carpender


And to close for today - I must brag (at least for my husband) - Nolan got into his first fightthis weekend!!! I'm not so sure I'm proud of the fact but daddio is! Especially since he's been thinking that we don't need to continue Tae Kwon Do classes. After this weekend, he's sold on continuing classes. A little boy at the party kept tackling Nolan. So, in turn, Nolan tackled back. Apparently, it got pretty rough so Nolan pulled out his karate moves and apparently would've made Mr. Tony (his instructor) proud! Excepet that Mr Tony will never know because that's one thing that is preached in class - only use moves in class! Finally the little boy - which was actually older - backed down!! I missed the "fight" but was wondering why that child kept coming up to Nolan, later, trying to give him a hug!!

Hope everyone has a blessed Monday!!





1 comment: