About Me

My photo
Texas, United States

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Unusual Post

I call this an unusual post because it's very unusual that I will post on the weekend. As my boys took off to the Harley shop, I found something in my hometown paper - yes, The Fayette County Record, that I'd like to share:

What is Life?
Life is a challenge, choose it;
Life is a chance, take it;
Life is an opportunity, seize it;
Life is a battle, wage it;
Life is a song, sing it;
Life is a joybell, ring it;
Life is a promise, test it;
Life is a drama, act it;
Life is an adventure, risk it;
Life is a race, run it;
Life is a contest, win it;
Life is a duty, dare it (Author Unknown)

Take time and live life to the fullest - it's what God wants us to do!!

As I lay in bed last night trying desperately to sleep my mind was excitedly going over things that I could post. I have limited time today - Robert and I actually found a sitter on short notice last night when we decided that since today is supposed to be beautiful - we're going w/ a group of friends on a bike (as in Harley) ride! Keep us in your prayers for a safe ride!! Obviously, I'm still a little nervous riding! I pray for the first hour of the trips and then finally give it up to Him and enjoy the ride!! More on that Monday!! I'll share w/ ya'll a yummy pizza recipe that Nolan and I tried last night! It's nothing major but maybe it will put to rest other people's anxieties towards making pizza's at home. We've just begun experimenting but so far so good!!

1 12in Mama Mary's Whole Wheat w/ Honey Pizza crust
1 8oz can tomato sauce w/ basil, garlic and oregano
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 lb hamburger
1/2 cup onion
turkey pepperoni, as much as wanted
garlic salt, optional
canned mushrooms

Preheat oven @ 450 degrees. Spread tomato sauce over pizza crust. Sprinkle w/ cheese. Sprinkle w/ garlic salt, if using. Saute hamburger (we actually used deer meat) and onions season w/ salt, pepper, and Italian Seasoning. Sprinkle meat mixture over cheese. Top w/ pepperoni and mushrooms. Lower oven to 425 and bake for 7 1/2 to 10 minutes. Enjoy!!

Obviously, you can add (or take away) any pizza toppings you like (or don't ;) ).

I just thought I'd share this because I've always wanted to make pizza's at home but have always been hesitant. One day, I'll work up the nerve to try making the crust from scratch - not that brave yet!! Don't worry about the turkey pepperoni or the wheat crust - I snuck them in on Robert and he couldn't even tell - or at least didn't comment!!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds Good! I love making pizza at home. I always use the fake crust, pillsbury has a good one. My fave is mozz cheese, basil, and roma tomatoes. Hope y'all have a safe ride.

    ReplyDelete