About Me

My photo
Texas, United States

Friday, February 6, 2009

Silly story and yummy recipe!!

First the silly story. Of course it's about Nolan. He was eating breakfast this morning and I was trying to get ready for our day. He was having cereal at the table and I was rushing around trying to get things ready and I asked him to quit messing around and finish his breakfast - I know, all of you have "been there done that" several times a day so you're feeling my pain!! Anyway, he says the obvious - that he's not messing around and of course my reply was - "Eat then so we can go!" To which his reply was - "don't call me Ethan!!" Silly mom, what was I thinking?!?!

Here's a new, simple, tasty recipe to try this weekend. Or save for Valentine's Day!!

Cherry Fudge Brownies

3/4 cup all-purpose flour
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract
1/3 cup chopped dried cherries
1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
2 T confectioners' sugar (optional)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8-inch square pan w/ nonstick spray. Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Combine the next 5 ingredients in another bowl. Stir the sugar mixture into the flour mixture just until blended. Fold in the cherries and chocolate chips. Pour the batter into the pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 28-32 minutes. Let cool in the pan on a rack for 30 minutes. Cut into 16 bars and sprinkle w/ the confectioners' sugar through a fine sieve.

Taken from: Weight Watchers My TurnAround Program Cookbook
.

I actually used dried cranberries instead of the cherries only because I had some on hand. My husband said that these were the best brownies he's ever had. Wonder if he would've said that if he knew they were from a Weight Watchers cookbook!?!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds good! I'd not tell him that they are diet brownies. Let me know the price on the half case of chips, I'll see if Allison wants to split my half with me since I really don't bake that much.

    ReplyDelete