About Me

My photo
Texas, United States

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Struggling today!!

I am on Day Five of the Love Dare. From the movie Fireproof. Today's dare is to ask your spouse what 3 things that may cause him/her to become uncomfortable or irritated w/ you. Here is my concern. I know in my heart of hearts that one thing about me that irritates him is my horrible habit of procrastination!! I HATE it!! It REALLY, REALLY bothers me too! I just can't control it!! I can come up w/ any excuse why I didn't do a certain thing(s)!! It drives me nuts!! I have the "want to" to do everything that needs to be done - I just choose to do what I have to to get by!! I need to clean closets, cabinets, drawers..... And know how wonderful it feels when it's actually done!! But just can't seem to get it done!! For the last 2 years, I even made a New Year's resolution to not procrastinate - "Why put off until tomorrow......." I'm into my second year and still putting it off!! If anyone has any suggestions as to how I can break this horrible habit - please feel free to make a comment here or send me an email!! Keep me in your prayers that this devil's way of getting to me ends soon!! Thanks for your prayers and help!!

2 comments:

  1. GIRL HERE'S HOW YOU GET OVER IT, IF YOU DONT GET TO IT FIRST YOU KNOW ROBERT WILL AND HE'LL THROW AWAY ALL YOUR GOOD STUFF! THAT'S HOW YOU LEARN TO DO IT FIRST, SO IT'S DONE YOUR WAY, AND YOU GET TO KEEP YOUR THINGS..ALSO YOU'VE GOTTA HIDE ANYTHING YOU HAVEN'T USED IN A WHILE BUT WANT TO KEEP ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we can all relate to the procrastination situation! One thing I know is that they say it takes 21 days to make or break a habit. Keep a calendar somewhere and mark off each day as you go. This way, you have a visible reminder that you have a task to work on and can see how many days are left. By the time you get to 21, you've made or broken a habit. Then you won't have to be reminded. I also saw on Oprah once about signing a "contract" with yourself. She had it on her website somewhere. But you actually have to fill in whatever your intentions are and then sign it, so it's "legal and binding"!
    Great...now I have to go get a calendar and a contract. Thanks Kathy!

    ReplyDelete