About Me

My photo
Texas, United States

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Work Before Play

One of our favorite sayings around the Eckeberger household is: We have to work before we play. Meaning, to do our chores first and then we can do our fun stuff. Saturday morning, Nolan and I were making our plans for the day. We decided to go to the movies - we saw Planet 51 very cute movie - go to the grocery store for ingredients for Thanksgiving weekend - and finish up the day w/ attending Chandler's Holiday in The Park. Of course we had chores to do before we could go. Nolan kept insisting on me helping him clean his room. He even tried "Mom, if you help me clean my room - you can buy me a movie!!" Yeah, like that worked for him!! We ran out of time before we got to his room. We made another plan. Movies, shopping, home to clean his room then the park. It took us longer at the grocery store and after the Santa Gift debacle - the chore seemed to have left my mind! I decided to shop at (the awesome) Rice Road Brookshires so that I could find all of my ingredients at the same place. As Nolan was eating chicken tenders I was going thru my coupons. I commented on having more expired coupons then current ones. Nolan then asked what expired meant. I explained it to him and we went on w/ our day. Last night as I walked into his room - I realized we forgot to straighten up his room. I stopped, looked at Nolan and pointed at the toys all pushed into the corner. To which he replies: "Mom, I guess our plan has expired!!" Of course I just laughed and said "Yes, I guess it has!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment