About Me

My photo
Texas, United States

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Dear Santa - continued

I finally had to give in and open the trunk for Nolan to show him that there was not a Batcave in the trunk before we left for the Holiday In The Park gathering. He was quite amazed that there was not a Batman Batcave in the trunk. He was very insistent that he saw one!! Finally, I just told him that he was seeing things and that there wasn't one in there - EVER! Well, we all know that he's too smart to buy that. He talked about it all the way to Winchester Park - yep, all 2 miles but it felt like 40! It wasn't mentioned again until we were pulling back into the garage and I finally came up w/ "It was for Blake and while you were on the potty I called Mrs. Vicki and she came by to pick it up!!" Some reason, some how - he bought it!!! I was shocked that it didn't dawn on him that we just went by their house and I mentioned that they must be camping because their travel trailer was gone!! I don't think I'm in the clear yet - he'll sleep on it and ask about it in the morning!! That'll be my blogging job security - looking on the bright side!! I feel horrible about lying to my precious child but a mom's gotta do what a mom's gotta do to protect Santa's image!!

No comments:

Post a Comment