About Me

My photo
Texas, United States

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Crazy, Busy but F-U-N Weekend

It all started Thursday w/ Nolan's class program and birthday party for Jesus!! Well, in all honesty, it started Wednesday evening w/ Robert taking us to Athens for supper and Land of Lights. Can a weekend REALLY start on a Wednesday!?! Okay, probably not - but the fun times truly did!! We had supper @ the Jalapeno Tree and then went to check out the lights!! Nolan - and I must say, myself too - was truly amazed!! We've taken him before to see the ones outside of Lindale but that was two years ago... They were truly amazing!!

Then came Thursday; which brought Nolan's class Christmas play. He was blessed w/ being Joseph. He kept telling us that he didn't have to "do" anything. We couldn't tell if he was glad that he didn't have to say/do anything or if he was disappointed. I just kept telling him that it was a great privilege to portray Joseph and that he was a man of few words!! He did wonderful - of course!!







Friday morning brought us to packing for the weekend trip to La Grange. We were fortunate to hit the road by 10. Arrived there about 1:30 and stopped by to see Renee. Nolan received the coolest "Batmanobile" from Mikaylee and Corbin!!! Good job, guys!! We then went to my parent's house and unloaded, relaxed, changed clothes and hit the road again for my (oldest) nephew's graduation! He graduated from ATM w/ a degree in Wildlife and Fisheries Sciences!! WAY TO GO BUBBA!! WHOOP!!



My parent's and the graduate:



The graduate and his parents (my oldest sister - for those of you that don't know ;)),his sister and his girlfriend (the red-head) which graduated from ATM Saturday morn:



Nolan chillin w/ his cousin, Britani during the ceremony! It was said that it was supposed to be 3 hours long - good thing it only lasted 2!! The young ones did so well!!



She's such a sweet girl! Gonna make a good mommy!! Was always asking Nolan if he was okay or if he needed anything:



We finally made it back to my parents' house around 11 p.m. Saturday we slept in - if you can call 6:45 sleeping in!! I actually got to do some Christmas shopping w/ one of my sister's while her oldest daughter stayed w/ Nolan and Britani (and the pups) THANKS A MILL, CHLOE!! The Walther girls went off to a wedding in Giddings and mom, Nolan and I went to supper and then to visit my Grandmother. She turned 97 on Dec. 17th. (Sorry the pic is so bad - it's taken w/ my phone. Didn't have my camera w/!! I know - what was I thinking!?!)



We went around LaGrange, checking out the Christmas lights and returned home to mom's and CRASHED!! We topped off the weekend w/ lunch w/ my mother, 2 of my 3 sister's - their girls and my brother and his expecting wife!!

Britani, Nolan and Chloe in front of mom and dad's tree:



The coolest ending to this wonderful weekend was that we had carolers come by our house to share the good tidings!! I just wished I had hot cocoa to offer them!!

In case you are wondering where daddio was/is - he left Saturday morning for the deer lease. So far, unfortunately, it's been an unsuccessful hunt!! We have missed him and are so looking forward to seeing him tomorrow!! We have a few busy days ahead of us - like most of the world!! We will be packing for Eureka Springs. We will be leaving Wednesday and coming home Sunday! It'll be my first Christmas not spent w/ my parents, brother, sisters, aunts, uncles, cousins.... but we are so looking forward to spending time w/ Robert's daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter!!!! We have not been able to spend Christmas w/ them in the years that we have been married!! So looking forward to making memories and maybe even new traditions!!

May God bless you and yours and bring you everything that you have wished for and much, much more!!!


I BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you do too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment