About Me

My photo
Texas, United States

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

World's Worst Blogger

There is always so much I want to share - just NEVER enough hours in the day!!

I wanted to share the AWESOME pumpkin pie recipe that I made for Thanksgiving - but haven't had the chance. So here is the lazy blogger's way:

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1932527

ENJOY!!! It is as the name suggests - SPECTACULAR!!!!



(It was prettier w/ the whip topping added but...)

Friday night - Robert and I had a much needed date night!! I bought tickets online for the movie "The Blind Side" but Robert had heard about a new place in Ben Wheeler. It's a restaurant that has live music. So we headed out in that direction. Enjoyed some uninterrupted adult conversation!! The restaurant is owned by the Loggins from Tyler that have Loggins' restaurant. Mr. Loggins himself told Robert about it Friday at lunch. He told Robert about the live music, good food and cold drinks - including Texas wines. Sounded like a relaxing, fun evening instead of the same ole dinner, movie and Wal-Mart shopping!! The place had really good ambiance. Though when we got there - the music was too loud (I guess the saying is true - "If it's too loud - you're too old"); all they basically had on the menu were sandwiches and the "cold" drinks were sodas and tea. Which, individually, wouldn't have been so bad - but accumulatively.... We headed to Tyler and ended up w/ dinner at Coyote Sam's - which is always very good (pricey, but if you know that and are willing to pay that for good service and good food - it's so totally worth it!!). Then we went to Sam's Club! See Kathryn - I told you, welcome to the dating world of parents!! Hey, at least we had a date!! We were home by 9 and in bed by midnight. We had a little visitor about 3:45. He just wanted to "see us" and had a sip of my water and went back to bed. I, on the other hand had trouble going back to sleep so I got up at 4. I had too much on my mind. SO many things I needed to get done. Clean our spare bedroom, decorate for Christmas, get Christmas cards done, bake cookies for the Cookie Swap party that I was invited to on Sunday..... So, up I got and started my day!! Lonnnngggg story short - spare bedroom (was) straightened, Christmas tree is up - totally different than previous years. I decided to keep my Old World glass ornaments packed since there is a four year old child and an 8 month old pup running around the house. I knew that Nolan wouldn't bother them - he hasn't in the past 4 years - but I knew that he'd want to help decorate and I knew how delicate those ornaments are!! So, we (okay - mostly I) made chains out of construction paper and then used the ornaments that we've received thru the years that aren't old world glass ornaments. I then made 4 dozen cookies for the party - also an awesome recipe that is a must try for the holidays:



CHOCOLATE MALLOW DROPS

½ cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 egg
½ cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-¾ cups all-purpose flour
½ cup baking cocoa
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup chopped pecans
18 to 22 large marshmallows, halved

FROSTING:

¼ cup butter, cubed
2 squares (1 ounce each unsweetened chocolate
1 square (1 ounce) semisweet chocolate
2 cups confectioners’ sugar
3 - 6 tablespoons brewed coffee

In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt, gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in pecans.

Drop by slightly rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375 degrees for 6 minutes. Place a marshmallow half, cut side down, into center of each cookie. Bake 2 minutes longer or until marshmallow is softened. Remove to wire racks.

In a microwave-safe bowl, melt butter and chocolate, stir until smooth. Beat in confectioners’ sugar. Add enough coffee to achieve spreading consistency. Transfer frosting to a pastry or plastic bag, cut a small hole in one corner of bag. Pipe over cookies.

YIELD: ABOUT 3 DOZEN


Make sure you make plenty and take copies of the recipe w/ you wherever you take the cookies!!

We ended the busy day w/ riding around Chandler checking out the Christmas lights. Both of us were getting pretty cagey - needed a change of scenery. Sunday we went to church. Had lunch at Carinos' and came home and anxiously awaited dad's arrival from the deer lease. The party was fun and the boys had a good time hanging out at the house. Another good, busy weekend put to rest! Thank you, Lord, for all the blessings that you have bestowed upon us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment