About Me

My photo
Texas, United States

Friday, January 8, 2010

New Year

I'm thinking the last time I posted was about our Christmas trip! No excuse - just haven't taken the time to sit and post. And basically - there's not much to post about!! We brought in the new year w/ all 3 of us feeling "under the weather". As you know, Nolan was feeling pretty miserable for our trip so when we got back - I took him to the doctor. Let me preface this by reminding you that I did call before we left and the nurse felt pretty positive that we could carry on w/ our plans while treating the symptoms - which she felt were of a viral infection. At the doctor's office that Monday - the PA took a look at Nolan's ears and throat and just shook her head. She said she wasn't going to subject him to the gag factor of swabbing him for strep and was just going to treat him like he had it!! My heart just sank - one of those "bad mom" guilt trip moments. Thankfully, (recalling back) I let dad make the decision if we were going to stay in town and have him worked in to see the doc or go w/ what the nurse advised on the phone!!! Nolan has been on antibiotics for strep and ear infections since we've been home. He is definitely better - other than some drainage. I was amazed (and took a moment to thank the Good Lord Above) that - as I was filing the papers from the doctor's visit - he hasn't been to the doctor since Oct 2006 for an illness! He's, of course, been for his "well baby" check-ups between then and now but not for any illnesses!! We've truly been blessed with a happy, healthy child!!

We brought in the New Year w/ homemade pizza and chicken wings while watching the football game. I snoozed on the couch before midnight came around but was up when the ball dropped and then, of course, couldn't get back to sleep!! New Year's Day was spent just like it was supposed to - out w/ the old in w/ the new!! We cleaned closets and the spare bedroom!! Well, my closet is still left to be done.... But we gathered quite a bit of stuff for the resale shop and a garage sale!! It's quite sickening how much stuff we have and yet how much stuff we still buy!!! It felt really good that it was all done. Now I just need to work on my closet and the smaller cabinets thru the house!! The only one that seemed to get some extra rest that day was Harley:





She decided to jump onto Nolan's bed and snuggle down w/ Fat Boy. It was too cute! I was SO envious!!

As Robert and I were putting stuff into the attic - we were picking on Nolan trying to coax him into crawling up the ladder - his response: "I'm never going to do that!! My wife will!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment