About Me

My photo
Texas, United States

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Imma Jokesta

....well sorta of but I'm speaking of Nolan. How he understood so well what April Fool's Day is - is beyond me!! We alittle about it last night but not to any extent. When Robert walked in the door this morning from the gym ~ Nolan walks up to him and says very seriously and sad: "Dad,I wet my bed last night!!" Robert stopped in his track and asks - "Really". showing his surprise because that is very rare for Nolan to do. Nolan giggles and says "April Fools!!!" He even got Mrs. Youngblood - his teacher. As we waled into his classroom, Mrs. Youngblood was talking w/ another mom and Nolan says: "excuse me, Mrs. Youngblood!! You have ink on your face!!" She looks at him, rubs her cheek and looks into the one way window and just laughs. She said she wouldn't have been surprised if she did have ink on her chin ~ she's been getting ready for a garage sale. I'm thinking it's going to be among his favorite days - he tried pulling it on me all day!!

Just a short synopsis of what's been happening in the life and times of the Eckebergers:

We've started tball again this year. We practiced for (maybe) 3 times and then had a scrimmage game. It wasn't real funny!! We played a team that had players on it that have been playing for 3 years already ~ on the same team!! I'm not sure many of Nolan's teammates have played before!?! But the couches and the players (surprisingly) seemed to have learned something from that first scrimmage and since then!!

Coach put in Nolan as catcher - he did very well for not having a clue as to what to do!! Even got someone out!! GO NOLAN



Batters Up!!




Second baseman ready!!


Swing batter, batter swing!!


I've been itching to plant some flowers and finally have:

(around our mailbox)



(front porch ~ one on each side of the front door)



We'll see how long they stay alive!?! I'm hoping to get some Double KnockOut Roses planted w/in the next week or so!!

I have a brand new nephew!! Dylan Paul Henneke was born 3/26/10!!! Unfortunately, we haven't been able to meet him but will this weekend!!



We went camping @ Lake Tawakoni this past weekend. It was a beautiful weekend to camp tho windy as heck!! It was our first time in a long, long time that we went camping just to camp. For the last 2 years - when we've gotten to take the RV out - it's been for a trap shoot. Which was always fun but we haven't gotten to just go camping to relax. I'm not sure why this is the only pic I have and it's not a great one - but I have one!! There was a log in the water that was was behind our site. The log was covered w/ turtles but the closer Nolan and I got ~ the less turtles were there!! They just kept "rolling" off! It was quite comical to me for some reason!!



Harley turned a year old on the 30th. She's such a stinker!! She's quite the snuggler - which makes her fit into the family really well!!



I'm thinking that's about the short and narrow of the last few days!! We're all doing well. Looking forward to Justin coming in for a few days in May before he heads out on his last tour. Laura and family are doing well in Katy. We're headed to LaGrange for Easter. Looking forward to meeting Dylan, visiting w/ family, chowing down on the best BBQ there is, the arrival of the Easter Bunny ~ but more importantly ~ celebrating the resurrection of Jesus Christ!!

Wishing everyone a safe and blessed Easter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment