About Me

My photo
Texas, United States

Monday, April 26, 2010

Just A Post

The Eckeberger's haven't been up to much as of late. Just alot of the usual - until this past weekend!! Believe it or not - I haven't even tried any new/different recipes~shame on me!! We have finally tried the new Mexican Restaurant in Chandler - pretty darn good!!! I'm not real sure how Chandler is going to support 2 Mexican restaurants but time will tell. The new one is more authentic and OH SO YUMMY!! Nolan is keeping me busy w/ school and tball. Robert is just keeping me busy!! (LOL) Trying to keep up w/ his schedule - keeps me busy! This past Friday as I was checking out what was happening on Facebook and chatting w/ my step-daughter - I decided to make a spur-of-the-moment trip to Katy to see her. Dad had plans for most of the weekend so we decided what the heck!! We were packed and ready to go in 2 hours. We hit the road and had safe travels. Neely (Nolan's niece ;) ) had no clue that we were coming! She was playing outside when we drove up! You should've seen her face! It was priceless!! We got to Katy just in time for Laura's girl's Fabulous Fondue Friday.

I am SO going to have to host one of these!! We ate fondue, drank some Sangria punch and attempted to play a game. The kiddos had fun playing and the guys went to a movie! Again - so have to plan something like this!! I hate that I can't think outside of the box!!

Saturday morning came around way too early - thanks to Nolan!! He slept w/ me because a friend of Laura's stayed over since they were going to have a garage sale Saturday. Nolan is all about garage sales so he wakes up early (before the sun rises) and asks if it's morning yet. I begrudgingly say yes and ask why and he excitedly jumps up and says "let's get ready to sell!!!" He's like his dad - if he's up - everyone gets up!! So we all crawl out of bed and get things going for the garage sale!! All along I'm kicking myself for not loading up my stuff I have stacked in our garage left over from our recent garage sale!! They did pretty well!! We packed up and headed in for naps! Nolan kept telling Laura that he wasn't a "nap taker" and I also wished her luck to get him to nap. Well, she ended up bribing him w/ a water gun and this time the bribe actually worked. After naps we headed to IKEA! LOVE that store and was so wanting to buy something really cool. Walked out w/ a purchase less than $8!! MAN!!?!? I thought it was way cool that they had a child care/play area for the kids!! It was nice walking around a busy store like that w/o the rug rats in tow!! I did fall in love w/ a really cool decorative bowl that - of course - now I kick myself for not getting. (I'd insert the link/pic to show ya'll but I still can't figure out how to do that!!) Oh well, guess I really didn't need it!! We left IKEA and went back to the house to meet Dallas and then headed out for supper. We were planning on going to Swampy's ~ a yummy Cajun restaurant but by the time we got there it was pretty packed and they were going to seat us outside - which wouldn't have been a bad thing except for the fact that it was at a table directly IN FRONT OF THE LIVE BAND!! No thanks!! We ended up at Ruthies and had Mexican food. After that we headed to Target for Sister to make good on her bribe!! Nolan got a really cool water gun and Neely got a Pet Potty Training Barbie (I know, right!?!) We got back to the house, bathed and crashed! Much to the little one's dismay - they were pretty upset that they didn't get to play w/ their new goodies but they made up for it in the morning!!


Sister made a great breakfast and Nolan and I were on the road back home shortly thereafter!!

We're home for Tball tonight, school tomorrow and then Nolan is off to Nanny and Po po's Wednesday thru Sunday while Robert and I will be heading to Fredericksburg for the Hill Country Run Motorcycle Rally. (This would be another good place for me to insert link so that ya'll could see how much fun we're gonna have but....I guess I need to find and take a crash course on this blogging thing!!) I should have gotten my clever blogger step-daughter (insert her blog link here: http://laurasloadsoflaundry.blogspot.com/ ) to show me how to do it this past weekend!! Check back next week - hopefully I'll have some good pictures to share!!

1 comment:

  1. WE WERE SO GLAD TO HAVE YOU GUYS! THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP WITH EVERYTHING. WISHING YA'LL SAFE TRAVELS THIS WEEK.

    ReplyDelete