About Me

My photo
Texas, United States

Friday, May 21, 2010

Time To Share

....another recipe!! This one is really good and I am looking forward to making it for many summer gatherings! Hope ya'll enjoy it too!




Cool Zucchini Slaw

Ingredients
1 1/2 pounds zucchini, (3 medium), grated
1 medium sweet onion, such as Vidalia or Walla Walla, very thinly sliced
1 1/2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
1 small red bell pepper, diced
1/4 cup cider vinegar
3 tablespoons frozen apple juice concentrate
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste

Preparation
1.Place zucchini and onion in a colander set over a bowl. Add salt and toss to coat. Let drain at room temperature for 30 minutes. Rinse vegetables and squeeze to remove as much moisture as possible.
2.Transfer vegetables to a medium bowl. Add bell pepper, vinegar, apple juice concentrate and basil; toss well. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.


The following day, I was looking for something different for lunch and the idea came to mind to add tuna to the great slaw I made the night before. It was a nice, cool change for lunch. I just opened a can of Tuna packed in water - added some salt and pepper to it and then added some to the slaw! Pretty darn tasty if I say so myself!!

No comments:

Post a Comment