About Me

My photo
Texas, United States

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Filler

The time since my last post has flown by!! I can hardly believe that the buzz going around is about school starting again in about a month!! WOW!! To think our little man is going to be in Kindergarten!?!? I like to think that since he went to K4 last year - that him going to Kindergarten won't be as big a deal!?! But all of that isn't what this post is about!! I called it "Filler" because, once again, I'm posting to make up for missed posts! We've been busy - like most human beings - but w/ nothing in particular. Nolan has been taking swim lessons from a lady in Flint~which is about 20 minutes away~for a little over a week now. Initially, he was doing surprisingly well. Today was a different story. I'm not real sure if he's going to get the hang of it this year!?! Time will tell. We have a few more days left of this class. We'll have to decide if we want him to take more!

Yesterday we went with the First United Methodist Church Terrific Tuesday group to see Toy Story 3 and then to Chuck E. Cheese's! Nolan had a great time!! I'm very thankful to the people that plan these Tuesday outings!! We've only been able to make a few but it's a great option for those days when we're looking for something to do!! Next Tuesday we are going w/ them to the Discovery Science Place and the Skateplex. THAT should be interesting! The skating part, that is!!

I thought I'd include a very tasty, interesting recipe today since I haven't posted in awhile. As I stated previously, when we were in Galveston we bought some fresh seafood! Mostly shrimp! We LOVE shrimp. One evening, Robert asked me what we were having for supper and I told him "Shrimp & Plum Kebabs". Yep, he gave me the same look that you just did!! But, that look sure changed once he tasted these awesome treats!! Hope ya'll like them too!!


Shrimp and Plum Kebabs:

Ingredients
3 tablespoons canola oil, or toasted sesame oil
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1 teaspoon freshly grated lime zest
3 tablespoons lime juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
12 raw shrimp, (8-12 per pound), peeled and deveined
3 jalapeño peppers, stemmed, seeded and quartered lengthwise
2 plums, pitted and cut into sixths

Preparation
1.Whisk oil, cilantro, lime zest, lime juice and salt in a large bowl. Set aside 3 tablespoons of the mixture in a small bowl to use as dressing. Add shrimp, jalapeños and plums to the remaining marinade; toss to coat.
2.Preheat grill to medium-high.
3.Make 4 kebabs, alternating shrimp, jalapeños and plums evenly among four 10-inch skewers. (Discard the marinade.) Grill the kebabs, turning once, until the shrimp are cooked through, about 8 minutes total. Drizzle with the reserved dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment