About Me

My photo
Texas, United States

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Leave it to my son

....to remind me of things that I don't need/want to be reminded of!! As I've made mention in (many) previous posts - Nolan is my memory!! My sponge in my head seems to be full and I can't retain much information - old or new!! As we were heading out of town Friday - I took advantage of the 4 hour trip to my parent's house to make some calls to set up some appointments for this coming week. First of all - what was I thinking that I could accomplish w/o my calendar!?!? And second of all - even if I had my calendar w/ me - it probably wasn't filled out or if it was it probably wasn't correct!! First, I called to make an appointment to get the oil changed in the car. I booked it for Wednesday. After I ended the call - a teeny, tiny light went off in my head. I thought that I had an appointment to get my hair cut on that day. I looked at the calendar in my phone and it said it was for Tuesday. I called my hair dresser to verify the date and she said it was set for Wednesday. I then called the dealership back and scheduled the oil change for Thursday. (BTW - I also called the house to leave a message on the recorder of the dates and times) This long, drawn out story is to - not only let ya'll know that I think I'm just going to give up trying to get organized - apparently it's just NOT going to happen for me!! But to also tell you what our observant son had to say about the whole thing - using the most sorrowful tone I have heard - he says: "Mom, I'm so sorry that you've lost your mind!!!" He was so sincere and apologetic. I could only laugh and think to myself - "Yeah, you should be - it's all your fault!!" (The mothers reading this know - something happens during pregnancy. I'm guessing all of my memory cells were sapped by Nolan while I was carrying him!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment