About Me

My photo
Texas, United States

Thursday, December 10, 2009

None the Wiser

...at this point anyway!! On my way to the doctor's appointment yesterday - my excitement turned into trepidation - which I'm sure is mostly normal when you are feeling like I do and heading to yrt another new doctor!! After a 2.5 hour consultation - w/ not knowing much more than when I went in - I left feeling drained. Physically and mentally. He, like others, confirmed that I do have hormone imbalances, thyroid issues, digestive troubles, and extreme adrenal fatigue. He asked a whole 'nother battery of questions and did muscle testing or applied kinesiology. http://www.appliedkinesiology.com/ He will put all the information that he has gathered together and I am to go back on Friday for the game plan. I am eagerly tho anxiously awaiting tomorrow's visit!! I know that w/ this type of doctor and the type of treatment that he is going to offer that my recovery is going to rely heavily on my participation in the plan. He said straight away that I am 'much too young to feel this damn old'!! (Garth Brooks words - not the docs exact words!!) Which my reply to that was "uh yeah!??!)! He actually compared me to a large (not exact word but can't think of the one he used (which reminds me - he confirmed a memory problem - yeah, like THAT surprised me!!)) onion. Meaning that I have many layers that need to be worked on. It took me awhile to get this way - not gonna get fixed over night!! Knew that too!!! I was really impressed w/ him!! He's seems to be a very compassionate person. He cares about the well-being of people and his patients. He said that mine was an "interesting, tough" case but that that's what he likes - challenges. Maybe, just maybe he's the one to help!!

No comments:

Post a Comment